A quick questionnaire -Christian Care encourages families and caregivers to evaluate the well-being of their loved one early so that they can help the elder make informed decisions and plans for the future. Having to make decisions in an emergency situation may severely limit options.
Take a few moments to answer the following:1. My loved one has fallen several times in the last year.
2. My loved one has been losing weight.
3. I don’t think my loved one has been taking his/her medications properly.
4. My loved one urinates in his/his pants and does not seem to notice.
5. My loved one is forgetful and has become lost, even in familiar settings.
6. My loved one gives money to people or groups he/she doesn’t know.
If you answered yes to one of the questions above, it’s time to evaluate your loved one’s ability to remain in their home. Christian Care offers a comprehensive in-home assessment to assist you in creating a plan for current and future needs. This assessment is also a valuable tool to take to your loved one’s doctor visits.
If you answered yes to more than one of the questions above, it’s time for complete assessment of your loved one’s well-being in their home and time to consider 24/7 supervision, either in their home or in another environment. Christian Care’s comprehensive in-home assessment can help you and your loved one determine what type of care best suits their needs.
Christian Care of Muskegon has a care consultant who is available to do a thorough in-home assessment of your loved one. For more information or to schedule an in-home assessment, call Jean at 231-722-7165 ext. 24.